The Golden Residence Permit Program leads to permanent residence in Portugal if you make an investment of EUR 500,000 in a residential property.
Portugal is part of the European Union, and a Portuguese residence permit allows visa-free travel within the Schengen Area.
- Purchase a property worth EUR 500,000; OR
- Purchase a property worth EUR 350,000 that is more than 30 years old; OR
- Invest in a Business that creates 10 new jobs; OR
- Invest EUR 1,000,000 in approved Portuguese stocks and bonds; OR
- Invest EUR 500,000 in an approved Venture Capital Fund; OR
- Invest EUR 350,000 in scientific or technological research activities; OR
- Invest EUR 250,000 in cultural or artistic products
|1||The Investor makes a qualifying investment.|
|2||The Investor’s Application File is submitted to the Government.|
|3||The Investor and accompanying family members receive their Residence Permits.|
Investment and Fees
There are several qualifying investment levels ranging from EUR 250,000 to EUR 1,000,000.
|Government Application Fee||EUR 517.40
EUR 80.60 per family member
|Paid to Portuguese Immigration along with the Residence Application|
|Residence Permit Fee||EUR 5,173.60 per person||Paid to Portuguese Immigration along with the Residence Application|
|Investment Related Costs||5 – 10%||Taxes and Professional Fees for making Investment|
Note: You will incur additional costs and fees, including but not limited to the Immigration Consultant’s professional fees and the costs of document collection, communication, traveling, translation, etc.
The Investor and accompanying family members will be able to apply for Citizenship in Portugal five years after arriving as Residents, as long as they meet all the legal requirements mandated by the Citizenship Laws of Portugal.